The board will be providing 6 dumpsters at the back of the neighborhood for your excess Christmas garbage. These dumpsters are NOT to be used as Christmas Tree disposal. Please place your Christmas Trees on your curb for the City of Tuscaloosa to pick up for recycling. Also, please do NOT use contractors dumpsters on homes being built, these dumpsters are NOT for personal home garbage, Christmas Tree dumping or Christmas excess garbage.
In recent weeks we have had problems with children Ding, Dong Ditching around Founder’s Park. The management company has been provided videos of children ding, dong and ditching as well as pulling wires on homeowners cameras; this now becomes an issue of criminal activity when someone enters onto private property and destroys personal property. The board is asking for each homeowner to speak with their children in regards to this matter. The next step would be for the homeowners to call the police, release the videos and have the police handle this matter.
The City of Tuscaloosa Zoning has sent out this Rezoning Notice to all property owners in and around the North of the River Area in regards to a new development of a Senior Care and Dementia Facility planned for the area. A meeting is scheduled for December 18, 2017 at 5:00 pm at the City Council Chambers.
Homeowners Association Property Manager
To accommodate the holiday trash accumulation, there will be dumpsters in the neighborhood for your use tomorrow through December 28th. Remember to flatten boxes and other trash as much as possible.
Two dumpsters have been placed at the following locations:
- Founder’s Park South
- Yorkshire Lane (next to the gate on the dead end street)
Please pass the word along to other neighbors who may not see this notice.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
From Steve Tsapatoris, property manager.
Here is a list of some of the use restrictions found throughout the pages of The Townes of North River association documents that you can refer to without having to go through the entire documents. However, the original document is the final word and should be referred to if clarification is needed on subject.
- Any changes to the exterior of your home should be approved by the Board of Directors, which acts as the Architectural Control Committee. A drawing along with details, such as color and exterior building material finishes should be provided to the Board so that they may make an informed decision about the proposed changes to the exterior of your home.
- Each dwelling should provide parking for at least two automobiles in garages. All automobiles owned or used by the owner or occupant of any dwelling and the respective family members shall be parked in garages to the extent that garage space is available. GARAGES SHALL NOT BE USED FOR STORAGE OR FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSES OR USES, WHICH WOULD RESULT IN THE GARAGE BEING UNAVAILABLE FOR PARKING OF VEHICLES.
- Appropriate window treatments shall be used on all windows. Sheets, bed linens, blankets, paper or plastic bags are not appropriate window treatments.
- No satellite dishes (other than satellite dishes of a diameter no greater than 24″, which are not visible from a street and which may be approved by the Architectural Control Committee) shall be allowed on any lot or dwelling. No radio antenna, radio receiver or other similar device or ariel shall be attached to or installed on any lot or dwelling.
- No furniture shall be placed, kept, installed, maintained or located in or on the front or side yards or areas of a lot or dwelling. Any furniture placed, kept, installed, maintained or located at the rear of or behind a dwelling shall, to the greatest extent practicable be located so that the same shall not be visible from any street.
- Wood piles shall be located only at the rear of a dwelling and shall be screened from view by appropriate landscaping or Architectural Control Committee approved fencing from streets and, to the extent practicable, from adjacent lots and dwellings.
- Children’s toys, swing sets, jungle gyms, trampolines and other outdoor recreational equipment and appurtenances shall not be permitted on any lot unless prior approval in writing is obtained from the Architectural Control Committee and the same obstructed from the view of any street by appropriate Architectural Control Committee approved fencing or landscaping.
- Free standing playhouses and tree houses shall not be permitted unless the same are pre-approved in writing by the Architectural Control Committee and are obstructed from the view of any street by appropriate Architectural Control Committee approved fencing or landscaping.
- Basketball goals or backboards shall not be permitted unless the same are not visible from a street and are prior approved by the Architectural Control Committee.
- Outside clothes lines or other outside facilities for drying or airing clothes shall be prohibited on any lot or swelling unless such clothes lines or other facilities are screened by appropriate landscaping from view from any street and from any adjacent lot or dwelling. No clothing, rugs or other items shall be hung, placed or allowed to remain on any railing, fence or wall.
- Barbecue grills or other types of outdoor cooking equipment and apparatus shall be located only at the rear of a dwelling (or within a courtyard) and to the extent practicable shall not be visible from the street.
- Birdfeeders, wood carvings, plaques and other types of home crafts shall not be permitted in the front or side yards of any lot or dwelling nor shall any of the foregoing items be attached to the front or side of any dwelling. All bird feeders, wood carvings, plaques or other types of home crafts shall be located at the rear of a dwelling (or within a courtyard) and shall, to the extent practicable, not be visible from any street.
- No animals, livestock, reptiles, birds or poultry of any kind shall be kept, raised or bred by any owner upon any lot or dwelling or other portion of the property; provided, however, that not more than a combination of three dogs or cats may be kept and maintained on a lot so long as they are not kept for breeding or commercial purposes. No pets shall be allowed to make an unreasonable amount of noise or become a nuisance. No structure or area for the care, housing or confinement of any pet shall be constructed or maintained on any part of the common areas or a townhouse lot. Further, all structures or areas shall be only located on an Estate lot or a Carriage lot at the rear of a dwelling, shall not be visible from any street and shall be constructed of materials and of a size approved by the Architectural Control Committee. DOGS AND CATS SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ROAM UNATTENDED WITHIN THE DEVELOPMENT. All dogs shall be kept and maintained without a fenced or walled area on a lot or dwelling, as approved by the Architectural Control Committee or otherwise under leash and accompanied by the dog’s owner of other attendant. PETS SHALL NOT BE PERMITTED TO LEAVE EXCREMENT ON THE LOT OR DWELLING OF ANY OTHER OWNER WITHIN ANY STREET OR PORTION OF THE COMMON AREAS AND THE OWNER OF SUCH PET SHALL IMMEDIATELY REMOVE THE SAME. Each owner shall be liable to the Association for the cost repairing any damage to the common areas caused by a pet of such owner or occupant.
- No trash, garbage, rubbish, or debris of any kind shall be dumped, placed or permitted to accumulate on any portion of the property.
- Noxious or offensive activity shall not be carried on, in or from any lot or dwelling or in any part of the common areas, and each owner and occupant shall refrain from any act or use of a lot or dwelling which could cause disorderly, unsightly, or unkept conditions.
- No exterior speakers, horns, whistles, bells or other sound devises, other than security and fire alarm devises and used exclusively for such purposes, shall be located, used or placed upon any lot or dwelling or other portion of the property.
- Trash, garbage and any other refuse or waste shall not be kept on any lot or dwelling except in sanitary containers or garbage compactor units. GARBAGE CARTS MUST BE KEPT OUT OF VIEW FROM THE STREETS EXCEPT ON THE EVENING PRIOR TO SCHEDULED GARBAGE PICK UP AND THE DAY OF GARBAGE PICK UP. GARBAGE CARTS MUST BE RETURNED FROM VIEW OF THE STREETS THE EVENING AFTER GARBAGE IS PICKED UP BY THE CITY. Any owner or occupant who dumps, places or allows trash or debris to accumulate on his, or on any other portion of the development shall be liable to the Association for all cost incurred by the Association to remove the same. No outdoor burning of trash, garbage, leaves, wood, shrubbery or other materials shall be permitted on any lot or dwelling or other portion of the property.
- Mobile homes, motor homes, trailers, campers, vans, motorcycles, bicycles, motorized carts and all-terrain vehicles, lawnmowers, tractors, tools, construction machinery and equipment of any nature, golf carts, boats and any other type of water craft, including boat trailers, and any other similar types of non-passenger vehicles, machinery or equipment shall: (i) not be parked on the street at any time and (ii) not be permitted to be stored or allowed to remain on any lot, unless the same is placed, stored and maintained within a wholly enclosed structure, with roofing and doors, on such lot. Any such enclosed structure must be approved by the Architectural Control Committee.
- Any vehicle which is inoperable shall be immediately removed from the property. No owner or occupant shall repair or restore any vehicle, machinery or equipment of any kind upon or within the lot or dwelling or within any portion of the common areas, except (i) within enclosed garages or worships or (ii) for emergency repairs and then only to the extent necessary to enable the immediate movement thereof to a proper repair facility located outside the development.
- NO OTHER SIGNS OR ADVERTISING POSTERS OF ANY KIND SHALL BE MAINTAINED OR PERMITTED WITHIN ANY WINDOWS OR ON THE EXTERIOR OF ANY LOT OR DWELLING OR ELSEWHERE ON ANY DWELLING OF THE PROPERTY WITHOUT EXPRESSED WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE. The approval of any signs and posters, including, without limitation, political campaign signs and name and address signs, shall be upon such conditions as may from time to time be determined by the Architectural Control Committee.
- No garage sales, estate sales, or commercial business activities of any kind whatsoever shall be conducted on any property that involves the advertisement or invitation of public attendance.
- Tennis courts are not permitted on any lots. Swimming pools, outdoor hot tubs, reflecting or fish ponds, saunas, whirlpools and lap pools may be constructed, installed and maintained only within the enclosed courtyard area of a dwelling subject to the prior written approval of the plans for the same by the Architectural Control Committee. Above ground pools shall not be permitted on any lot.
From Steve Tsapatoris, property manager.
Incorrect information was passed on to you in this post about running your sprinklers. Yorkshire section should be watering on Tuesday instead of Thursday. The full schedule for the Yorkshire section is Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday.
We apologize for the error.
From Steve Tsapatoris, property manager.
It is extremely hot and dry, all homeowners need to be running their sprinklers. On a recent visit though the neighborhood it appears many lawns are not getting adequate water. If you live in the Cambridge section please water on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. If you live in the Yorkshire section please water on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday. These days were suggested by the Association’s Lawncare contractor and will work best with the days they cut your lawn.
UPDATE: The Yorkshire schedule has been corrected per this post.
From Alison Hudnall
Dated May 3, 2015
Check out the Flicks at Founders calendar! More dates will be announced as we go! Thank you to everyone who came out last night!
As always, we are thrilled to bring these events to our community but simply ask parents (or another adult from the household) accompany all children throughout the duration of the event. These events are designed to bring ALL members of our community together in fellowship – not just the little ones And while it can be tempting to send the kids out to the park while enjoying a quiet evening at home – we can’t create a liability for ourselves personally or for the HOA by being “trusted” with the supervision of other people’s children during neighborhood events. Especially those that occur at night. We also pack up and clean up the event at its conclusion so cleaning up after other people’s children adds to our task and is a tad disheartening. Please be courteous by helping us in this request so that we can continue to bring fun events to The Townes! Thank you to Sandra and Dan Dailey and Clay Posey for helping us with the clean up last night!
Hope to see everyone at the next “Flick”! Always feel free to contact me if you want to help out, suggest a movie, or have a kiddo interested in helping out in our charity concession stand!
Letter dated April 11, 2015.
We are the owners of the land adjacent to the Townes Subdivision behind the homes on both Yorkshire Lane and the southernmost portion of Anna Lane.
It has been brought to our attention that an abandoned well has been found on our property directly behind a home on Anna Lane. Please know that we had no knowledge of the existence of this well. The area has now been marked with no trespassing signs and yellow tape and will be filled in as soon as possible.
While the well was found on our property, the safety of our neighbors in the Townes is our primary concern. The safest course of action is to refrain from entering the property. Most importantly, please make sure your children do not play in the area. There are wonderful wooded trails, maintained by PARA, close-by which are far better suited for children’s play. Again, our concern is for the safety of you and your children.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Anne Killingsworth Jones
You can see a PDF version here.
- The Townes & Alexander Ave
- Yorkshire Lane (next to the gate on the dead end street)
Due to the fact we do not have everyone’s email or email addresses may have changed, please tell a neighbor and pass the word along.
Please flatten boxes to allow more trash to accumulate in the dumpster.